Last updated: June 26th, 2023
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the acousticsamerica.com website operated by Acoustics America, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the site, information, and products is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the site, service, products, and information.
By accessing the website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the site.
- All prices on this website are subject to change without notice. Rainchecks or price quotes to lock in past prices are not possible.
- Acoustics America makes every effort to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information possible for our products. However, Acoustics America is not responsible for errors related to pricing, data or information, whether typographical or otherwise. In the event that any product information or pricing is listed incorrectly on our website due to typographical, photographic, hacking, database, or other technical issue, or due to errors in pricing information received from our suppliers, Acoustics America, LLC reserves the right to refuse or “cancel with refund” any orders placed for product containing such error(s).
- Buyer is fully responsible for order information submitted, including but not limited to product(s) selected and suitability for application, product details including, but not limited to size, color, materials, quantities, etc., accuracy of bill to and ship to addresses, shipping method options, and all associated costs / pricing as shown in shopping cart at checkout. Buyer agrees that it their sole responsibility to review and ensure all of this information is accurate before order placement. Any refunds, credits, or adjustments are subject to our return policy.
- Where taxes are due, tax exempt businesses must present proper tax exemption certificates as determined by the tax jurisdiction. This information must be complete, signed, and submitted with your order. Final approval for tax-exempt status is subject to verification.
- Acoustics America’s liability is limited to our product warranty terms only. Acoustics America is not responsible for consequential losses related to acts of God, war, terrorism, nor for losses related to late, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, or damaged products or shipments.
- Non-Returnable items:
- Most of our products are made-to-order and consequently, are non-returnable. This would include:
- All fabric wrapped acoustic panels, acoustic ceiling clouds, room kits and bass traps are non-returnable, including any optional installation materials, with the exception of certain freight damaged items which are properly documented as defined in the shipping section of this page.
- Any product which is used, damaged, soiled, stained, and/or not in original packaging is non-returnable, with the exception of certain freight damaged items which are properly documented as defined in the shipping section of this page.
- Clearance and discontinued items are non-returnable.
- Returnable items:
- All items not covered above are considered “returnable.”
- There is no restocking fee for returnable items, provided the items are returned with an RMA preauthorization number and received in like-new condition.
- Claims for Returns must be made within 30 days of product shipment from our warehouse.
- Only pre-authorized returns with an approved Acoustics America Return Material Authorization Number (RMA #) noted on the outside of the return package are eligible for a refund. Returns that do not have a pre-authorized Acoustics America RMA number noted on the outside of the return package will NOT be processed at our receiving dock and will NOT receive any refund.
- Any unauthorized returns or refused customer property will be held for a maximum of 14 days and then will be disposed of. Any additional costs to re-ship product must be paid by the customer in advance of any reshipment.
- To obtain an RMA # and authorization approval, our online form must be completed. If the return meets the stated requirements, you will receive an authorized RMA# via e-mail, typically within one business day. If the return is not authorized, you will be informed of the reason.
- Errors in product type, color, or quantities shipped caused by Acoustics America are refundable.
- Shipping (either way) is not refundable and is the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer is responsible for adequate return packaging to ensure that the product arrives in good condition. Acoustics America will not accept damaged return products at our dock.
- Due to our short lead times, changing the ship-to address after order placement is generally not possible. However, Acoustics America aims to assist customers whenever possible and will make all reasonable efforts to assist with ship to address adjustments. Any approved changes may result in additional shipping and handling charges.
- Product orders are typically shipped via UPS Ground, FedEx Ground or LTL common carrier based on order size and carrier guidelines. Samples and hardware items are typically shipped by USPS ,UPS, or FedEx solely at our discretion.
- Expedited freight options: We offer 2nd day and next-day shipping options for some products. We do not offer Saturday delivery. Please be aware that these expedited options do not guarantee delivery time, nor delivery day for certain-sized packages. Acoustics America also cannot control the delivery performance of UPS, FedEx or any other freight carrier. Therefore, Acoustics America does not guarantee delivery performance for any freight carrier and cannot offer any shipping cost or product refunds in the event of delivery delays.
- Free shipping options: if a particular item ships free, we reserve the right to select the carrier of our choice. Any free shipping offers are valid only for orders with ship to addresses within the continental United States.
- Customer pickup options: Since we ship from multiple warehouses, customer pickups are not available.
- For the benefits and limitations of our “Ships Next Day or Ships Free” program, please read our satisfaction guarantee.
- On rare occasions, packages can arrive damaged. Our products are fragile and carriers can make mistakes. Acoustics America is on your side and wants to provide full assistance if this happens. Shipping losses are the responsibility of the shipping company, and to avoid added frustration or wasted time, please follow all of these steps. These steps are your responsibility and a failure to follow them will limit or prevent our ability to remake or replace your order:
- Immediately (day of receipt) enter your claim with the freight carrier (UPS, FedEx, common carrier, etc.) and the contact information they provide on their shipping label or document.
- Complete our online form to notify us of the issue within 12 hours of filing your claim. This allows us to support the process as best we can. Please note that our freight carriers are generally very responsive about claims; that we will do everything we can to help resolve the issue; and that the responsibility for processing these claims lies solely with the freight company.
For items which require signature at receipt, do not sign before following the next steps below:
- DO NOT SIGN FOR SHIPMENT BEFORE NOTING DAMAGE. For damaged items which require signature at receipt, first – do not sign for the item before writing DAMAGED on the Bill of lading or delivery receipt document. Also note the damage detail on the document before you sign. You should get a copy of this signed receipt with notes, and if not – take a photo of the document before giving it to the driver. Failing to note the damage before signing and accepting the package will make resolution impossible, so be sure to do so!
- REJECT SHIPMENTS IF VISIBLY DAMAGED.
Conduct a thorough visual inspection before opening. If the damage to the product is major and obvious, the delivery attempt should not have been made in the first place. You have the right to refuse the shipment and the freight company must return the damaged items to us at their expense.
- TAKE PHOTOS. First, take photos of the damaged area(s) before opening the package. Take photos from various angles and from far away, plus any closeups. Video is also helpful. Note a description of the damage (in ink pen) on the bill of lading or receipt document, and also note “photos available.”
- Next, carefully unpack the goods to inspect for hidden damage. Note this damage on the receipt document.
If the packaging did not appear damaged, but upon opening you find damaged product:
- Take photos. Your claim will not be processed if you cannot supply photos of the damage,
- Keep the original packaging in its “as received” condition as possible.
- Within no more than 24 hours from package receipt, report this as “concealed damage” both to the carrier at their contact number, and to us, via our FREIGHT DAMAGE REPORTING FORM.
Goods Lost in Transit:
Before reporting a package missing, check all exterior doors and other locations where the package could be placed, including the porch, back patio, garage, and any area out of potential weather hazards. You should also check with anyone who might have retrieved the package on your behalf.